Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Consecutive Login Screens at Startup

I did a clean install of Mavericks 10.9.3 (erased hard drive and restarted from recovery external drive) on my iMac and now when I start up after a complete shutdown consecutive login screens come up. The first has a picture of a hard drive in one circle and guest in the second circle and is a login to the drive. The second is the standard login to my account. (Both screens accept my account login password.) I was and am still using file vault.

Is there a way to bypass the first login screen and go directily to my account login screen as it did before?

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.3)

Posted on Jun 13, 2014 4:33 PM

2 replies

Jun 13, 2014 7:49 PM in response to Tlix

Thanks, this sounds like a solution but I may have another issue. The file was not found. I'll pull in a screen shot below:

User uploaded file

I used a Time Machine backup from my MacBook Pro to migrate data to the iMac and MacBookPro shows up as the login in terminal. It also shows up as Eldon's MacBook Pro where "Name" appears on system information screens. I'm not sure where to proceed and don't want to create additional problems. The double login at startup takes a little time and is more of an irritant rather than a problem.

Consecutive Login Screens at Startup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.