Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Brand new iPod touch will not turn on. Goes straight to dead battery screen.

Hello.

I recently purchased a refurbished iPod touch to develop apps on. I have had the iPod touch for about a week and last night the iPod suddenly shut off in the middle of use. The battery was low so I figured it was simply a dead battery and I went to plug it into the charger. This morning, I tried to turn it back on after about 10 hours of charging and I got the same dead battery plug in charger screen. I then swichted it to a usb slot on my macbook and left it to charge all day for about 9 hours. Again, I turned it on and nothing, just a dead battery screen. Both usb slots on my computer are working completely fine for my other devicesbut not this. I have also tried plugging it into the wall, but I get the same results. One other possibility is that I have the iOS 8 Beta on my phone currently and I have experienced some issues with that, but not enough to brick my device...or at least I thought. I have only had this device for a few days and so far I am very disappointed that this has happened already. If anyone can help me out without having to go to an Apple store for service that would be great!

Thanks

iPod touch (5th generation), Other OS, iOS 8 Beta Installed on device

Posted on Jun 13, 2014 4:26 PM

2 replies

Jun 13, 2014 9:22 PM in response to rbro112

Hey rbro112, it's possible you have a bad or faulty cable, have tried a different cable? And have you inspected the iPod's charging port for foreign debris? A little lint can cause a lot of trouble. As for the beta iOS 8-- your over my head, I'm just an artist that likes to fool around with his iPod and has some good trouble shooting skills. But have you attempted to Reset? Or Restore form Backup or Restore to New with iTunes? Or go into DFU mode and restore? (That's all I got.) Good luck. Cheers.

Jul 14, 2014 8:32 AM in response to rbro112

So did you iPod 5th gen worked again? I had similar experience. This is my own iPod (not refurbished), so I know it was

in great condition (I rarely used it but only for dev). I installed iOS8 Beta, and one morning, the screen won't turn on.

I plugged in power and nothing happened. After a few min, I heard that characteristic "power beep" and thankfully,

it came back to live. What I noticed is that I have > 90% power. So whatever happened, it isnt because it's low in

battery.

I have a suspicion it is entirely due to iOS 8 beta. Such a thing never happened to my iPod till the day I installed it.

My theory is that it is doing something busy, or there's a bug in the "waking" mechanism, and become extremely

sluggish to any external input, until it is done with whatever mysterious things it was doing. I am now putting it

in air plane mode whenever i don't need it, and also turn off icloud back up. Hopefully, I don't see this anymore.

Brand new iPod touch will not turn on. Goes straight to dead battery screen.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.