Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

13-inch, Early 2014 MacbookAir, Windows 7 Ultimate installation problem with Bootcamp

Hi all,

I have experienced very hard Windows 7 Ultimate x64 installation problem on my 13-inch, Early 2014 Macbook Air.

What I did so far are followings

1. Buy my macbook from Shop

2. Turn on, and enable my Mac OSX.

3. Prepare new, USB 3.0 16GB usb stick for installation. Also my Windows 7 Ultimate ISO extracted from my CD-ROM.

4. Execute boot camp.

5. Check all three, and make bootable usb stick from my ISO file.

6. Set windows partition 100GB.

7. Reboot

8. The system booted by "bootcamp created usb... blah." (I can see the message bootcamp on boot message. So I'm sure that my usb stick created sucessfully)

9. However, I got following windows, I can't proceed.

Also, when I create the boot usb by *not* clicking windows support option in Bootcamp, my keyboard does not work.

I can see the discussion

- https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5100623?start=0&tstart=0

and Knowledge article

- http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4517

Both does not help.

[Sorry for the upside-down, I don't know why it is. The screen was captured by my iPhone]

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

MacBook Air, Windows 7, WIndows 7 Ultimate x64

Posted on Jun 14, 2014 1:20 AM

1 reply

Sep 17, 2014 5:42 AM in response to Mr. Hyon Lim

I got stuck with the same error and spent a long time trying to work this out. It turns out that the issue is your USB3 stick. I'm not sure how it gets so far into the installation, but it seems that the USB3 drivers aren't available to the Windows installer.

Try again with a USB2-only drive and you should find that Windows will install fine.

13-inch, Early 2014 MacbookAir, Windows 7 Ultimate installation problem with Bootcamp

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.