Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Old files.

Hi all,

when i updated final cut abotu 6 months ago it changed where my old files are.

On my external drive all my files are now in a folder called 'old final cut projects'

when i open up final cut, they cannot be found.

How do i access these???!!!!

please help!

Aaron

MacBook Pro (15-inch, Mid 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Jun 14, 2014 2:36 AM

2 replies

Jun 14, 2014 3:07 AM in response to aaronbet

The updated files should have been put in new Libraries.

Open the "Old . . . " folders and inside you should find the usual Final Cut Projects and Final Cut Events folders.

Drag these out of the "Old ....." folders.

If you are using FCP X 10.1, when you open it you will be asked whether you want to update them, so say yes.

The only way you can use them as they are (without updating) is if you have the old FCP X 10.0.9

Jun 14, 2014 3:06 AM in response to aaronbet

FCP X 10.1.x uses libraries. Libraries are the FCP X documents and they hold events, and events have clips and also projects. Look at the root of the drive for a file with the name of the drive and extension .fcpbundle.

The icon looks like this.

User uploaded file

You should take the time to read about libraries. The new model is vastly superior to the old one.

Read up on Apple's support document here: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5958

and follow the video tutorials on rippletraining: rippletraining.com/fcpx-features.html

Old files.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.