Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone stuck in headphone mode

iPhone stuck in headphone mode. Is there a fix?

Posted on Jun 14, 2014 6:25 AM

13 replies

Aug 12, 2017 4:44 PM in response to MikeK757

After trying all the suggestions here with no results, I tried turning off my phone and leaving it off for several minutes. Then, when I turned it back on, I kept my finger on the power button until the apple icon appeared. I kept it held down for about 3 seconds, let go and when the phone powered up, the problem was solved.

Jun 8, 2015 3:31 AM in response to MikeK757

today i faced this issue. when in call suddenly it changed to headphone and my mic and speaker was not working. I just tried to raise the volume and it says headphone instead of volume and ringer. Tried several option and finally it worked by doing 4 times as below.

press home button for 6 to 8sec after inserting headphone and release and remove the jack and try Up and Down volume.

Jul 29, 2015 9:17 AM in response to MikeK757

Hi. The same happened to me today morning and I couldn't figure out why and how. I already tried plugging in and out the headphones jack several times even did "Reset all settings" but that also didn't work.

Then I saw this YouTube video which was a lifesaver.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMTE0LkCujs

The most probable reason is dust and/or lint stuck in the hole.

I hope it would be helpful to people searching in future.

iPhone stuck in headphone mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.