Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why do the piano roll and event editor act differently?

In Logic Studio 9, this wasn't the case, but there are numerous examples now where editing MIDI in the event view acts right, and editing the same MIDI content in the piano roll acts wrong. It's extremely frustrating! Personally, I think who ever modified the behavior of the Piano Roll in Logic 10 should be fired on the spot. I'd downgrade to 9 in a heartbeat if it was still available in the App Store.

Two examples off the top of my head:

- Selecting a MIDI note in the event viewer selects ONLY the note and not all the MIDI objects that fall within the time span of that note. This is not the case in the piano roll as it assumes that when you select a note, you want *more* than just the note you're clicking on. This is a stupid assumption and is new in 10.

- Dragging midi notes in the piano roll randomly deletes all non-note events and changes the action from "move" to "copy" where the only workaround when the piano roll gets stuck in this state is to do the same action in the event viewer.

Please rollback changes made to the piano roll in 10 back to what 9 was as I've wasted countless hours of my life trying to work around these flubs!

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013), OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Jun 14, 2014 8:51 AM

There are no replies.

Why do the piano roll and event editor act differently?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.