Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I rename faces in iPhoto?

hi

I'm using the latest iPhoto in Mavericks and I'm wondering if there's a quick way to globally replace a face name in all my photos. For example, if I wanted to change the name "John" to "John Doe" in all the photos.

thanks

nick

Posted on Jun 14, 2014 7:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 14, 2014 8:06 AM

Nick, you can change the name directly on the corkboard with the Faces. Click the name below a Faces stack on the cork board and edit it. It will rename all faces in that stack at once.

User uploaded file

3 replies

Jan 29, 2016 10:03 AM in response to Rob1286

All I want to do is change the first letter to a capital

Changing from lower-case to upper-case is tricky, because the name is considered to be already taken, if only the case of a letter is different.

Do it in two steps:

1. Rename the face to something completely different, for example, the nickname and quit iPhoto to force to update its database.
  2. Then launch iPhoto again and change the nickname back to the correct name with the changed first character in in the name.

How do I rename faces in iPhoto?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.