Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 4 is "timed out"

I have a MacBook 2009 running on iOS X Mavericks 10.9.3 and an iPhone 4. When I plug my iPhone into my MacBook, it charges but it doesn't pull up iTunes and it says my device is "timed out". How do I get my iPhone to sync and add the device on my iTunes? It doesn't even give me the option.

MacBook, OS X Mavericks (10.9.3)

Posted on Jun 14, 2014 8:37 AM

1 reply

Jun 16, 2014 12:25 PM in response to amitylerrx3

Hi amitylerrx3,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

Take a look at the suggestions in the article below, they should help resolve the issue you described where the iPhone isn't being recorgnized by iTunes correctly.

iOS: Device not recognized in iTunes for Mac OS X

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts1591

Symptoms

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch doesn't appear under Devices in iTunes after you connect it to your Mac, refer to the troubleshooting suggestions below.

Resolution

Note: This article is for Mac OS X users. If you're using a Windows PC, please refer to these troubleshooting suggestions.

Follow these steps to resolve your issue:

1. Ensure that your Mac meets the minimum system requirements for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
  2. Install software updates on your Mac.
    Note: If an iTunes update is available, apply the update.http://apple.com/itunes/download
  3. Check USB connections. iOS devices require USB 2.0 to function properly. If you're not sure your Mac has USB 2.0 ports, refer to the computer's specifications.
  4. Disconnect other USB devices and connect your device directly to a USB port on your Mac.
  5. Restart your Mac.

Additional Information

In rare circumstances, your device may be recognized after reinstalling iTunes, but after you restart your Mac, the device may not be recognized again. If this happens and you're using Mac OS X v10.6 Snow Leopard, please followthese steps.

-Jason

iPhone 4 is "timed out"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.