Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I upgrade to 10.7?

I wondering about OS X v 10.7 or 10.8. Current system:

I am considering upgrading but have a couple questions. Hoping someone will take the time to explain some things.

1) Can I upgrade to 10.7? 10.8?

2) If I do, will all of my currently installed applications (Adobe Creative Suite, Word for Mac, really a myriad of smaller applications) need to be reinstalled?

The reason that I am interested is some aps I am interested in require 10.7 or greater. I am also hoping that the ugrade will help with the slowing speed up my system. What do you think?

Thanks.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8), 2.66 Ghz Intel Core i7, 4GB DDR3

Posted on Jun 14, 2014 2:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 14, 2014 2:51 PM

Apple no longer distributes those versions of OS X. Why do you not wish to move to Mavericks (which is free) - OS X 10.9?

As an aside, a new version of the operating system will not, IMHO, speed up a slow system.

Barry

6 replies

Jun 14, 2014 3:11 PM in response to 1Expat

Check your applications for compatibility with OS X 10.9. Some may need to be upgraded. You will not have to reinstall applications.

I do not use bootcamp (perish the thought that a Microsoft application be running on my system 😝). There is a bootcamp version running in OS X 10.9 (from what I think I recall from reading other posts).

Look at the system requirements to be sure that your computer will run OS X 10.9. As an aside, I think the minimum memory requirement is 2 GB....IMHO 4 GB is a minimum.

Barry

Can I upgrade to 10.7?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.