Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage in different phones

I'm moving from Uruguay to Brazil and my chip will be used in another iphone. Is that possible to delete my conversation's history so that the next users of the chip won't be able to see my past messages? Thanks.

OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Jun 15, 2014 10:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 15, 2014 10:42 AM

The iPhone doesn't store text messages on the sim card. http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4994

3 replies

Jun 15, 2014 10:46 AM in response to Antaresluz

Nothing is saved on the chip or SIM card.

It makes no difference regardless and you are taking the SIM card with you.

iMessage on an iPhone is activated with the cell phone number and Apple ID for the person activating it.

It you are leaving the existing iPhone behind, turn Find My iPhone off on the iPhone followed by doing an erase all content and settings on the iPhone at Settings > General > Reset, which is a secure erase of the iPhone.

Jun 15, 2014 11:03 AM in response to Allan Sampson

I'm leaving the chip behind in Uruguay and keeping my iPhone with me; my concern is that my private history on iMessage were stored on the chip. As you replied the chip doesn't store the messages makes me calm; if I understood right, my past conversations are linked to my ID Apple and being so, with my new sim card may I still access them even with a different number, a new nano card but loging with my ID Apple? Thanks again.

iMessage in different phones

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.