3 Replies Latest reply: Jun 15, 2014 6:34 PM by 2-ton
2-ton Level 1 Level 1

I found an iPad app I need ...but iTunes says it is not available in the USA. What is with that?  The internet is world wide, and if it's available on iTunes in another country I don't understand why it's not available in the US.

Solved by 2-ton on Jun 15, 2014 6:34 PM Solved

That is probably going to be my next step, try to find how to contact the app owners. Thanks

Reply by Demo on Jun 15, 2014 4:01 PM Helpful

Licensing and copyright issues, most likely have something to do with it. If the developer is not licensed to sell the app in the U.S. App Store, then it isn't available here. It works the other way around. There are apps in the U.S that can't be purchased in other countries. Some U.S. TV network apps for instance may not be available in other countries.

Reply by Niel on Jun 15, 2014 4:00 PM Helpful

Whoever holds the copyright to it in the USA hasn't given Apple permission to make it available there. Contact the application's creator.

(108334)

All replies

• Niel Level 10 Level 10

Whoever holds the copyright to it in the USA hasn't given Apple permission to make it available there. Contact the application's creator.

(108334)

• Demo Level 10 Level 10
    expertise.ipad
    iPad

Licensing and copyright issues, most likely have something to do with it. If the developer is not licensed to sell the app in the U.S. App Store, then it isn't available here. It works the other way around. There are apps in the U.S that can't be purchased in other countries. Some U.S. TV network apps for instance may not be available in other countries.

• 2-ton Level 1 Level 1

That is probably going to be my next step, try to find how to contact the app owners. Thanks