Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Air has the Interpol ucash virus, screen locked and can't do anything with it. Any ideas how to sort this please?

Screen locked and unable to do anything with my iPad Air. Can't believe I have the Interpol ucash virus on it...how ? ....and how to remove?

Posted on Jun 15, 2014 5:03 PM

21 replies

Jun 15, 2014 5:27 PM in response to Lotus moon

Your Apple ID may have been compromised - are you using the same Apple ID to log in here as you are on your iPad?

If so, change the password immediately.

Force your iPad to restart by pressing and holding the home and sleep/wake buttons until the screen goes dark. Then, press the sleep/wake button again to power up the iPad.

That may be enough.

~Lyssa

Jun 16, 2014 6:05 AM in response to Lotus moon

The ukash "virus" is not actually a virus. It's just a scam website that makes it look like your browser is locked up.

Go to Settings -> Clear Cookies and Data. This will prevent Safari from trying to open that page and will solve the problem. No other measures are necessary. There is no need to fear that your Apple ID has been compromised based on this, fortunately.

If this happens again, take note of the page you were visiting when this appeared, and don't go back there. Either it's a bad site, or it has been hacked.

Sep 9, 2014 4:07 AM in response to CharliefromMortiers

The only way to prevent it is to stop visiting the page that is causing the problem. It is not a security issue, per se. It's just an abuse of legitimate JavaScript features.

Since it's happening when your wife is reading the UK Daily Mail site, that means that either that site is bad or that it has been hacked. Either way, she should stop visiting it. If this is a legit site, report the issue to the site admins and don't go back until the problem is resolved.

Oct 21, 2014 9:58 AM in response to thomas_r.

Hi

i have this problem too

when i visit some pages like "www.98ia.com" and "www.p30world.com" it redirect to a page named "police attention" or something like that and then a page appears full of "interpol logo" and then wants me to pay 100 pound nd then my iPad turns off Automatically!!!

i Test all of yours solutions like

1.turn javascrypt off

2.block cookies and pop-up

3.restart my iPad

what shoul i do?!!

somebody help me please

please

if i should install an antyvirus tell me which antyvirus is suitable?!

formerly i excused because of my bad "English"

iPad Air has the Interpol ucash virus, screen locked and can't do anything with it. Any ideas how to sort this please?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.