Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Every Purchase: Your Apple ID, myID@domain.com, was just used to purchase ABC by XYZ from the iTunes Store on a computer or device that had not previously been associated with that Apple ID.

Hello Everyone,

This is an old problem I've been having for probably more than two years, but thought I would ask. With EVERY iTunes purchase I make, I get one of these emails:

Dear Me,

Your Apple ID, name@domain.com, was just used to purchase ABC by XYZ from the iTunes Store on a computer or device that had not previously been associated with that Apple ID. You may also be receiving this email if you reset your password since your last purchase.

If you made this purchase, you can disregard this email. It was only sent to alert you in case you did not make the purchase yourself.

If you did not make this purchase, we recommend that you go to iforgot.apple.comto change your password, then see Apple ID: Tips for protecting the security of your account for further assistance.

Regards,

Apple

Just about all my purchases are made from my home desktop. Occassionally I'll use my iPhone. As I had reinstalled Windows some time ago, and my hostname had changed, I saw my computer listed with the incorrect name in the device management section. I went ahead and removed it from the list, and it added itself with the correct new name after the next purchase.

However, all this time later, and I still get these annoying emails. How do I make them stop? What on apple's side is triggering this to be sent???

Thanks!

Posted on Jun 15, 2014 5:47 PM

4 replies

Nov 26, 2014 9:44 AM in response to helen39on

There are a number of similar phishing emails doing the rounds, trying to get account and payment details. How are the emails worded (e.g. are they personalised, which emails from Apple will tend to be, or something like 'dear customer' or just 'hello'), and did the email have any links in it (e.g. to 'request a refund' if you didn't make the purchase) ? If they are phishing emails then forward them to Apple : reportphishing@apple.com , and then delete them.

Phishing emails : Identifying fraudulent "phishing" email.

Genuine iTunes emails : Identifying legitimate emails from the iTunes Store.

Nov 27, 2014 2:09 AM in response to King_Penguin

It didn't look like phishing...

Your Apple ID was just used to purchase TuneIn Radio Pro $3.99 Your receipt No.155553216

To: _Ramsay;

Your Apple ID was just used to purchase TuneIn Radio Pro from the App Store on a

computer or device that had not previously been associated with that Apple ID.

You may also be receiving this email if you reset your password since your last

purchase.

This purchase was initiated from Spain.

If you made this purchase, you can disregard this email. It was only sent to

alert you in case you did not make the purchase yourself.

If you did not make this purchase, we recommend that you go to iforgot.apple.com

to change your password, then see Apple ID: Tips for protecting the security of your account

for further assistance.

Regards,

Apple

< Personal Information Edited By Host >

Nov 27, 2014 2:06 AM in response to helen39on

It is a phishing email - it's not properly personalised (it has your last name first), and the 'iforgot.apple.com' link does not take to that page (it would take you to http://sixniner.com, for you to give the phisher your account and payment details).

(As these are user-to-user forums I've asked the hosts to remove your email address from your post.)

Every Purchase: Your Apple ID, myID@domain.com, was just used to purchase ABC by XYZ from the iTunes Store on a computer or device that had not previously been associated with that Apple ID.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.