Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Xerver RAID CARD Battery error

Hi,

I have xserver with RAID CARD.

I getting error battery failed code 0x#0=18 in RAID utility.

Is it required to change the battery of RAID CARD ? OR Any other solution.

User uploaded file

Thanks,

Prem

Posted on Jun 16, 2014 1:09 AM

2 replies

Jun 16, 2014 1:32 AM in response to prem.fusion

Depends on what you mean by any other solution?

If it was me and for your situation replacing the battery would be a logical place to start. It will involve downtime and the instructions for fitting it will be in the box the part comes in when ordering from Apple.

As always make sure you have a fully tested and complete back-up in place just in case. Should not take more than 30-40 minutes if you're careful.

Jul 19, 2014 8:12 AM in response to Antonio Rocco

Every three months the raid card should initiate a reconditioning of the battery. From the pict you attached, it looks like it was successful in the past. I vaguely remember there was a way to force a reconditioning of the battery. I've had the battery 'recover' to good health after performing this but if it's a 5+ yr old battery it may be on life support.

Xerver RAID CARD Battery error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.