Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Installing X11

I need to install X11 for OpenOffice. I downloaded it, but can't see an installer in the resulting package (X11user.pkg). Also, the package looks like a regular folder, not the package icon. The folder opens to another folder named Contents, which opens to a couple of plists and other mysterious-looking items. I went to my Panther disk3, with the same results. Any ideas? What is the X11 file supposed to look like once installed?

G4 Tower (still kickin'), iBook G4, 20GB iPod Mac OS X (10.3.9)

Posted on Sep 13, 2006 11:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 13, 2006 6:25 PM

Muriel:

X11 is included on your installer disk.
Insert the Panther installer disk 3 in your optical drive.
Look for a file called X11User.pkg. If you are unable to locate it go to www.apple.com/macosx/x11 or to X11 for Mac OS X
Once located click this package to start the installation process.

When the installation is finished X11 will be in your Utilities folder (a big X with the name X11 under it).

Good luck.

cornelius

Message was edited by: cornelius
5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 13, 2006 6:25 PM in response to Muriel Areno

Muriel:

X11 is included on your installer disk.
Insert the Panther installer disk 3 in your optical drive.
Look for a file called X11User.pkg. If you are unable to locate it go to www.apple.com/macosx/x11 or to X11 for Mac OS X
Once located click this package to start the installation process.

When the installation is finished X11 will be in your Utilities folder (a big X with the name X11 under it).

Good luck.

cornelius

Message was edited by: cornelius

Installing X11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.