Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Various applications are crashing on my iPad, including Facebook, Safari, and TwoDots, along with others. I have tried all of the solutions I found except doing a factory reset and downloading the backed up iCloud version of the iPad. What do I do?

When I try to open or access some features of these apps, I get the

loading sign, then the screen turns black, and it takes me to my Home screen. Sometimes this also occurs when opening links in Facebook and Safari, and some of my Apps are completely useless as a result of this. I have rebooted thrice, re-downloaded the apps, and tried clearing them from the queue, nothing works. Also, I have noticed that the background of the home screen is oriented incorrectly at times, (background is portrait whilst the rest of the screen is landscape) and I'm really at a loss. I assume it's a glitch with iOS 7.1.1... The iPad is a 4th generation and has shown no problems until recently, around when I updated. I'm not jail broken or anything, but my Wal-Mart warranty has expired. What should I do?

iPad (4th gen) Wi-Fi, iOS 7.1.1

Posted on Jun 16, 2014 3:07 PM

1 reply

Jun 16, 2014 4:07 PM in response to RooKru1

IMO, you answered your own question with your lead in about backing up, erasing the device and restoring from the backup. That's what I would try next.

If that doesn't work, I would backup with iTunes, and restore the iOS again using iTunes. You can't restore the iOS by simply erasing the device. You have to use iTunes in order to reinstall the iOS.

iCloud: Restore your iOS device from iCloud - Apple Support

Use iTunes to restore your iOS device to factory settings

Various applications are crashing on my iPad, including Facebook, Safari, and TwoDots, along with others. I have tried all of the solutions I found except doing a factory reset and downloading the backed up iCloud version of the iPad. What do I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.