Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Weird message on Iphone 5s, grey screen w white dismiss button

Hi all,

Here is my problem, since I've put a new sim card in my phone, there is a weird message that keeps on poping up (either my phone locked or if I'm using it). The screen turn grey with a white dismiss button, and I can't do anything but click on the dismiss button. Didn't see anything like this on the forum (only green or red dismiss button, so my problem might be different)

If anyone knows what's going on with my phone please let me know...

Thanks

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.1.1

Posted on Jun 16, 2014 5:55 PM

6 replies

Dec 24, 2014 3:09 PM in response to Marcelo Mega

That happens sometimes if you try to hit a combination of numbers such as that to get your IMEI but instead trying to access a function that is not supported by your carrier

For example dialing *#06# will get you your IMEI number - doing this will actually reproduce the grey screen you speak of - but also show you a number

The question I would have is - was your phone ported from one carrier to another? If so it may be programmed to do some self diagnostic that is no longer available hence the message

Weird message on Iphone 5s, grey screen w white dismiss button

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.