Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need to upgrade in stages from OS 10.6.8 in order to save important Appleworks

Apple support directs me to the newest software, and I see I missed several stages. I'd like to stage my updates so I can update those documents one step at a time, without losing important content. Thanks for any help you can offer in helping me find what I need! My Safari 5.1.10 and my javascript plug-in for online uses both need updates, and I'm sure that the OS improvement will help my security features.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jun 16, 2014 6:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 16, 2014 6:21 PM

There are no applicable stages; you'll lose access to AppleWorks 6 when upgrading to any OS version beyond 10.6.8. Export them into another format first.

(108412)

7 replies

I need to upgrade in stages from OS 10.6.8 in order to save important Appleworks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.