Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Call or text a blocked contact on your iPhone

Recently decided on blocking someone but I read that they still can't leave voicemails in your inbox so if I wanted to call or text them would I have to unblock them or would it still go through?

Also what happened when someone I block texts me? What happens to that message, since phone calls go straight to voicemail?

[Re-Titled by Host]

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.1.1

Posted on Jun 17, 2014 1:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 7, 2016 8:07 AM

Yes, you have only blocked seeing that they called or texted you. Blocking has nothing to do with outgoing calls or texts. The original answer to this question was incorrect.

15 replies

Jan 6, 2016 3:38 PM in response to AppleMaster 123

Thats wrong, kinda...

You can still call or text a number even if you have added it to your blocked list. example, blocked number is in your recent calls history, dare you to tap it to see what happens.

When sending a new text message, it will find the blocked number or contact in the to: field as part of contacts search.

Youre going to have to do some better life scrubbing than "just blocking that number" if you never want to see it again.

Im not the person to describe how to totally get rid of the history of a number or contact you block... hopefully someone else can fill in the blanks or correct me where i stray.

Jul 18, 2017 8:44 AM in response to Mrokarkder

Ljccoco@hotmail.xom wrote:

I wish once you've blocked someone that they weren't able to leave a voicemail as well.. really what is the point. !!

The point is that people are not given any indication that they are blocked. If they couldn't leave a voice mail, they might suspect they were blocked. There are situations in which this could be dangerous. The messages are, as I recall, put directly into your deleted folder. You don't have to listen to them.

Call or text a blocked contact on your iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.