Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airport Extreme Problems

Well, how humiliating is this? I'm having to use a Windows machine to post this question! Grrr....

I have an Airport Extreme network set up in my home. It has an iMac G5 with all software up to date. I keep losing connectivity for no apparent reason.

This Dell laptop is sitting right next to the iMac so I assume the network is okay. I've even gone as far as erasing my HD to solve the problem. I have AppleCare and realize that I may be forced to take the system to an Apple store, but that would be very difficult.

I may possibly see a problem when a neighbor is using his network. (I'm on a cable modem.) But shouldn't that affect all three computers and not just my Mac?

Couldn't even post a question to the Apple Discussion Board -- how embarrassing. ;-}

iMac G5, Mac OS X (10.4.7)

Posted on Sep 13, 2006 2:34 PM

3 replies

Sep 13, 2006 3:24 PM in response to OmiJJ

Sorry I can't help. However, you should also cross-post in the AirPort Extreme Forums where the Airport users can see your question & possibly help you out.

Since you have AppleCare, you might as well get your $$$$ worth & give them a call and/or try the Chat with a Support Agent. The online chat support is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Good luck.

Sep 13, 2006 5:21 PM in response to Baby-Boomer-USofA

Appreciate the suggestions. I just posted in the Airport Extreme forum -- don't know how I missed that earlier so thanks for aiming me.

I've talked to several Apple techs and they want me to go to the Genius Bar. Would love to, but it will be a major hassle. Personally, I think the Airport card has a loose connection but can't get a tech to send a new card unless I go to the Apple Store. ;-}

Airport Extreme Problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.