Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot send the picture book I just finished. I get an error message

I finished a book to be printed. When I try to send it to apple, I get a error message. Help please.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.3)

Posted on Jun 17, 2014 5:06 AM

7 replies

Jun 17, 2014 10:49 PM in response to nadine65

What is your iPhoto version, nadine? You'll need at least Photo books are no longer available for iPhoto iPhoto '08 or earlier. Apple Photo Services: Product line details for books, cards, and calendars

Can iPhoto render a preview of your book? The error message you are seeing can be caused by your book containing unprintable images. Compare the preview to what you are seeing in iPhoto and look for wrong fonts or missing photos. To create a preview see: iPhoto, Aperture: Previewing an order in iPhoto or Aperture

Keep the PDF for your records, until the book has been delivered.

In addition to the trouble shooting measures in the document pointed to by Linc Davis, check the setting for the Print Products Store in the iPhoto Preferences - you may be trying to buy from the wrong Store:

User uploaded file

The delivery address, billing address, the country of your AppleID, and your credit card must match the country of the selected Print Products store. Do not just check, if all entries are looking o.k. - delete the information in the fields for the billing address and the delivery address and type them again. Othewise you may not notice errors caused by additinal white space.

Make sure that "Express Checkout" is "enabled for your Apple ID on the "Accounts" page of the Apple Store. From Apple's Home Page go to "Store" and "View Account". Again check the country of the store you are connecting to.

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

If all settings are correct - and your order will still not go through, try the voodoo of ordering while being booted into Safe Mode - this will take care of problems caused by non-standard extensions:

Mac OS X: Starting up in Safe Mode

Jun 22, 2014 9:15 AM in response to nadine65

You are welcome.

I found the issue : I did not have the country selected for printing.

iphone, preference, advanced, print product store

It worked once I fixed this and my book is being printed.

Yes, as I suspected. That is exactly the setting my screenshot has been showing. 😁 I hope, your book will turn out great!

Cannot send the picture book I just finished. I get an error message

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.