Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic X making duplicate file of samples, how to stop this ?

Ater i drag a sample (lets say a kick drum) into the sequencing area, Logic makes a duplicate file of the sample being used ... (KickExample_2-24b)

How do i stop this from happening ?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.3)

Posted on Jun 17, 2014 10:33 AM

9 replies

Jun 19, 2014 7:42 AM in response to chuck_3rd

Hey Alex, could you find out if this whole new format is going to remain like this? I mean, are these three "dropped features" by mistake, or by design?

1. the option to edit a reply until 15 minutes after publishing. No longer possible. Still workable, but lousy.

2. the possibility to see which topics are unread (used to be in bold). No longer happens. Unworkable.

3. No indication as to whether a topic/question has been replied to and how often. You have to open topics to find that out. Unworkable.

To paraphrase the old threat of "switching to Cubase": if this stays like this, I may be leaving this (Logic Pro) community. I didn't go to college to eventually graduate from kindergarten.

Jun 19, 2014 8:48 AM in response to Eriksimon

Eriksimon wrote:

Hey Alex, could you find out if this whole new format is going to remain like this? I mean, are these three "dropped features" by mistake, or by design?

1. the option to edit a reply until 15 minutes after publishing. No longer possible. Still workable, but lousy.

2. the possibility to see which topics are unread (used to be in bold). No longer happens. Unworkable.

3. No indication as to whether a topic/question has been replied to and how often. You have to open topics to find that out. Unworkable.

To paraphrase the old threat of "switching to Cubase": if this stays like this, I may be leaving this (Logic Pro) community. I didn't go to college to eventually graduate from kindergarten.

Hey, it looks good on an iPhone, that's all that matters.

Jun 19, 2014 11:23 AM in response to chuck_3rd

To add to Pancenters comments...

You Apple logo is static on the front page the moment you post and any subsequent post does not change the status of the front page item. This is confusing and time consuming when viewing all threads from the front page.

We have asked, many, many times, including through Apple Feedback to have this changed but I see it has been ignored. You are going to lose all your most valued posters who, let's face it, know Logic better than anyone and are in the best position to help YOUR customers.

Please point it out to people above you or who run and code these pages.

Many thanks.

Jun 19, 2014 9:02 PM in response to octopi

+ 1 on everyone's comments..

This new design is terrible.. and certainly not conducive to helping Users actually spot and answer new questions or ones that have only been partially answered....

The new reply window does actually work better... right clicking now brings up the OS X menu... and spell check now works within it... and once you are looking at a thread.. it is cleaner looking I will admit..

But for the most part the re-design of how you view and find posts in the first place.. is in a word... dreadful...

Jun 19, 2014 11:35 PM in response to The Art Of Sound

The Art Of Sound wrote:

Note:

Accessing the forum via this URL helps a little..

https://discussions.apple.com/community/professional_applications/logic_pro/cont ent

and then pressing the activity button helps see new posts and/or replies...

Still not great..... but a tiny bit better.

From the above link:

Over here the activity button seems to be showing posts from unrelated forums?

Jun 20, 2014 6:14 AM in response to The Art Of Sound

My email prefs also got switched. I am now getting emailed whenever anyone posts on a thread I am 'following' but do not get mailed when a post of mine is marked as helpful or solved. This is the opposite of what used to happen. I have now switched it back!!

Agreed, the inability to edit a post is annoying as is the changing of the prefs that I chose in the beginning.

But like what has already been stated, the changes are for how it looks and is viewed on iOS devices. Another pro corner being shunned and ignored for the consumer but in this case, it needn't be this way.

It's all getting a bit slippery up the gully-bone.

Logic X making duplicate file of samples, how to stop this ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.