Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Garageband songs cut to 16 seconds?

First of all, i couldn't figure out how to import a garageband song into and iMovie project, but i fixed that by Share -> Media Browser... in the Garageband menu. Then, when i went into iMovie, the songs from Garageband appeared, but the were shortened to 16 seconds. I had worked on the song last week, which i saved as 16 seconds, but i have also been adding to it the following days, so it is now at least 2 minutes. Is there a way that I can extend the song to its normal length?

Thank you for reading!

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9.3)

Posted on Jun 17, 2014 1:07 PM

4 replies

Jun 19, 2014 8:20 AM in response to Ainsleyazul

Hey there Ainsleyazul,

It sounds like you have shared a song to your Media Browser in Garageband but it is only 16 seconds long. From what you describe it seems like the cycle bar that is typically used to make ringtones may be enabled. It looks like this:

User uploaded file

http://help.apple.com/garageband/mac/10.0/#gbndbe1dcea8

To get rid of it, click the yellow bar and it should go away. Then share it again, and you should be good to go.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care,

Sterling

Jul 14, 2014 7:08 AM in response to Ainsleyazul

Thanks for the update. Interesting issue. I would next create another project and just drop random loops into it until its about as long as your current project and share that to iTunes to see if Garageband is having the issue, or if it is just the project that is playing up. Also, you can try sharing it to iTunes or as a file on your desktop to see if the issue persists with those sharing methods as well.

Garageband songs cut to 16 seconds?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.