Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iDVD takes to long 47 to 60 hours to burn/make dvd

I need help, im trying to burn dvd with a iDVD. But it takes to long mote than 49 hours is ridiculous, please help dont know other program to make cools menus as iDVD, or help me how to fix it please...

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.3)

Posted on Jun 17, 2014 6:44 PM

1 reply

Jun 17, 2014 9:39 PM in response to Atrewr

Hi

There can be may things that do this. Most common are:

• Use of old Mac - e.g. PowerMac G3 - a DVD was most often a weekend project

• HARD DISK SPACE - are running LOW.

- For SD-Video Materiaal (as on old CRT-TVs) - my minimum is 25Gb free space

- For HD-Material - 4 - 5 times more are a safe low (100 - 150Gb free spave)

This space iDVD can not use on other external hard disks - it must be on the Boot (Macintosh HD) Hard Disk.

• Use of Video-Codecs, Photo and Audio file formats that iDVD (and iMovie) has hard to or even can not use.

I use:

- Video-Codec: streamingDV, AIC or HDV

- Photo - only .jpg (no .bmp or other formats - all converted to .jpg - and a reasonable size)

- Audio - only .aiff 16 bit 48kHz or 44.1kHz (as on Audio-CDs) - NO .mp3 or directly from iTunes - all converted to this

• Material used stored so that iDVD (iMovie) has hard to get it - there are no copy in the project all must be easy to find (e.g. slow net-work storage - can give this problem)

Yours Bengt W

iDVD takes to long 47 to 60 hours to burn/make dvd

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.