Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Downloading other countries apps

I am planning to travel overseas and want to download some apps from those countries. I find the apps that I am after, although cant access from the local itunes store. How do I install apps without having to setup accounts in the itunes stores in the other countries. .

I have had no issue downloading with android.

Posted on Jun 17, 2014 7:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 17, 2014 9:11 PM

Interesting, i thought I said that I didnt want to setup another account, oh i did!

I dont find quoting terms and conditions a helpful answer when it does not answer the question asked.

I will give you an example of what I want to do then how to do.

say I am planning to travel to US and I want to download Taco Bells mobile app, its a free app. The taco bell app is not shown in my country's app store and can only find it in the US store. so without setting up another account how do I download the app onto my device

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 17, 2014 9:11 PM in response to AnaMusic

Interesting, i thought I said that I didnt want to setup another account, oh i did!

I dont find quoting terms and conditions a helpful answer when it does not answer the question asked.

I will give you an example of what I want to do then how to do.

say I am planning to travel to US and I want to download Taco Bells mobile app, its a free app. The taco bell app is not shown in my country's app store and can only find it in the US store. so without setting up another account how do I download the app onto my device

Dec 10, 2015 1:23 AM in response to Mono2250

If you're downloading a free app, then just create another Apple ID, and use any random address in that country (e.g. your hotel, random office building etc) without inputting the payment details. Basically the payment details are not mandatory to create an account, unless you're buying a paid app.

You'll then need to sign in to iCloud and iTunes with the same Apple ID - but it'll force you to do so anyway (it seems to do to me).

Once you download the app of foreign country you may switch back to your primary account, but that particular app may not receive subsequent updates, unless you switch back to that foreign App Store.

Hope this helps.

Jun 17, 2014 7:29 PM in response to Mono2250

It is possible to download apps from other countries.

Change your country on iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Tap iTunes Store, App Store, or iBooks Store.

At the bottom of the Featured page, tap Sign In.

If you're already signed in, skip to step 5.

Tap Use Existing Apple ID.

Enter your Apple ID and password and tap OK.

Tap your Apple ID.

Tap View Apple ID or View Account.

Tap Country/Region.

Tap Change Country or Region.

Tap the Store menu and tap your country.

Tap Next.

Review the Terms and Conditions and Apple Privacy Policy.

Tap Agree if you agree to the terms and conditions.

In the prompt that appears, tap Agree.

Select a payment method and enter your payment information.

Enter your billing address and tap Next.

Hope this help you download your apps.

Jun 17, 2014 8:31 PM in response to Mono2250

The iTunes Store in a country is intended for use only by that country's residents, and only while they are in the country. To use the iTunes Store in a country you need a credit card (or other card type if acceptable in a country) issued in that country, billed to an address in that country, and also be physically present in that country when using the store. You are also restricted to waiting 90 days between country changes.

E.g., "The iTunes Service is available to you only in the United States, its territories, and possessions. You agree not to use or attempt to use the iTunes Service from outside these locations. Apple may use technologies to verify your compliance." - http://www.apple.com/legal/itunes/us/terms.html#SERVICE

Jun 17, 2014 8:32 PM in response to Mono2250

Mono2250 wrote:

I am planning to travel overseas and want to download some apps from those countries.

To use other Countries iTunes Stores.

You must be within the Country with a Valid Billing Address and Credit Card for that Country to use the iTunes Store of that Country..

iTunes Store Terms of Service

http://www.apple.com/legal/itunes/us/terms.html#SERVICE

Jun 18, 2014 3:11 AM in response to Mono2250

Mono2250 wrote:

Interesting, i thought I said that I didnt want to setup another account,

You may not want to... but you will need to.

Mono2250 wrote:

I dont find quoting terms and conditions a helpful answer

It does add Clarity as to why you will need to Set Up an Account for the Country you are in.

Mono2250 wrote:

so without setting up another account how do I download the app onto my device

You cannot.

Downloading other countries apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.