Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I properly clean an iMac keyboard?

How do I properly clean my iMac keyboard?

iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Jun 17, 2014 9:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 17, 2014 10:05 PM

Shutdown your Mac, first.

I take a small, hand size terry towel cloth and use a little amount dish soap on it, get the cleaning cloth very wet and then wring it out until it no longer drips water. There should be little sudsing from the soap and use this to clean the keyboard keys and the aluminum.

Should take off all of the grime on the keys and any crud on the aluminum keyboard enclosure.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 17, 2014 10:05 PM in response to kcbrowne3

Shutdown your Mac, first.

I take a small, hand size terry towel cloth and use a little amount dish soap on it, get the cleaning cloth very wet and then wring it out until it no longer drips water. There should be little sudsing from the soap and use this to clean the keyboard keys and the aluminum.

Should take off all of the grime on the keys and any crud on the aluminum keyboard enclosure.

Jun 17, 2014 10:16 PM in response to kcbrowne3

kcbrowne3 wrote:

How do I properly clean my iMac keyboard?

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht3226#peripherals.

Apple Aluminum and Plastic Wireless and Wired Keyboards

If your keyboard is wired, first disconnect it from your computer. If it is wireless, power off the keyboard andremove the batteries. To clean the outside of your keyboard, use a lint-free cloth lightly moistened with water. Don't get moisture in any openings or use aerosol sprays, solvents, abrasives, or cleaners containing hydrogen peroxide.

How do I properly clean an iMac keyboard?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.