Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can Maverick use Leopard Server for directory services?

Good morning, Everyone

I was wondering if it is possible to set up Open Directory on a 10.5 Leopard Server, and to have my Mavericks Macs connect to it for directory services? The ultimate intention is to form a "Magic Triangle" with Active Directory and to manage the 10.9 computers preferences (Group Policies in Windows) with the Leopard Server.

Posted on Jun 19, 2014 9:13 AM

1 reply

Jun 25, 2014 9:39 AM in response to Arkansas_Black

"Can Maverick use Leopard Server for Directory Services?"

If you really have to, yes although how 'well' it will work is debatable. If it was me I would purchase the Server App (very, very cheap) and install it on suitable hardware that supports it and use that instead. Makes more sense and your Mavericks client machines will be a lot happier for it.

For your future reference a 'general rule of thumb' is whatever server version you have it should support client machines the same version as itself as well as one version older and newer. For 10.5 Server that would be 10.4, 10.5 and 10.6 client machines. I tend to use this 'rule of thumb' for Windows Networks as well.

Can Maverick use Leopard Server for directory services?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.