Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple 30" Cinema Display intermittently goes black

My system is a 2013 Mac Pro with 2 monitors (Apple Cinema 30" and a Dell 3011 30")

I am using OS X v 10.9.3, but this issue has been present for the past 3 OS revs.

The issue is that the Apple Cinema monitor randomly turns black, sometimes it flickers on and off and other times it turns black and remains black. The issue is independent of any software I am running. Often it manifests when no applications are running at all. The issue is usually resolved when I either briefly unplug the display cable from the computer OR unplug and re-plug in the power cord. The tix usually works until I either shut down the system or until it awakes from sleep. So far, either one or the other trick seems to work. What is the issue - and can this be fixed if I bring it in for repair? I see similar issues with this monitor going back to 2006 in various forms.

Posted on Jun 19, 2014 9:16 AM

1 reply

Apple 30" Cinema Display intermittently goes black

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.