Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

dvd studio pro 4 won't write disc? it just says there was an error during encoding over and over again...

It just says that there was an error encoding over and over again. It is version 4.2.2 It said the software required a dvd- which i used... I've tried just backing up the video to a disc not using studio pro but my computer won't do it? Any suggestions?

Posted on Jun 19, 2014 10:39 AM

2 replies

Jun 20, 2014 6:18 AM in response to Community User

David's right. Do the encode in compressor and bring the resulting m2v (video) and ac3 (audio) into dvdsp. Then do an advanced burn: build in dvdsp and test the build using the mac dvdplayer to play the video_ts folder you've created. Just go to file: Open DVD Media and point to the build folder or the video_ts folder within it. If this works, your dvd burner is probably the problem. You can buy an external burner for not a lot of money. Apple sells one, and you can even get cheaper ones than that.

dvd studio pro 4 won't write disc? it just says there was an error during encoding over and over again...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.