Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you disable the camera from lock screen on iPad?

Posted on Jun 20, 2014 1:57 AM

4 replies

Jul 3, 2017 3:11 AM in response to LD150

Just tried that and with newest iOS on iPad Pro 9.7 it still allows my kids to take whatever inappropriate stuff they may be pointing camera at. Not only it gobbles up precious storage space (32GB model) but also potentially exposes themselves on iCloud. Yikes Apple, get this sorted please in iOS 11. I know corporate customers have this capability, please let home users lock down iPads from their kids and limit exposure. They do not know what is right and would not care at such toddler age.

Jun 20, 2014 9:26 AM in response to bri.ritchie1

So why the sad face? The setting I gave will prevent access to the camera from the lock screen. All you need to do is press the sleep button before you put it down And the ipod is locked out to everything. It was only that you also lose access to other settings which in your case is a good idea. you aldo need to turn off the notifications from the lock screen too, Settings, notification center.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.