Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to copy a still picture in an imovie clip

How can I copy a still image in imovie

Posted on Jun 20, 2014 8:17 AM

3 replies

Jun 20, 2014 8:27 AM in response to Günther Brandt

So the image is already inserted into an iMovie project?

in iMovie 10, if you just want to duplicate and use again somewhere else in the project COMMAND-C / COMMAND-V will work. If you want to access the original file, you can select the image then press SHIFT-COMMAND-R to reveal the image location in Finder. The image should also reside in the Event View of the movie project with all of the other media associated with the project.

Jun 21, 2014 11:46 AM in response to blueOrbit

Thanks al lot blueOrbit, however it does not solve my issue.

I have a clip in the project window and can play it and also scroll through it image by image. I want to copy one single image and do not know how to select it. If I do what you suggested I copy the whole clip and see it in the finder.

So, how to select a single image and convert it into a jpg and work with it from there?

Jul 10, 2014 8:12 PM in response to Günther Brandt

Günther, sorry about the late reply; I need to monitor my e-mail notifications more often. Did you figure it out? If I understand your correctly, the image you want(ed) is contained inside a clip (either an MOV or MP4 or whatever), and you want to extract that image from the clip?

If that's right, then I don't believe iMovie can do that for you. You could freeze-frame the clip when it comes across the image you need, and then use that freeze-frame somewhere else, but short of pausing it during playback, using grab to take a screenshot, I don't think it can be done with iMovie or even QuickTime.

How to copy a still picture in an imovie clip

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.