Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

connecting iPod to a printer

Hi there,I dont know how to connect my ipod touch 4g running on iOS 6.1.6 to a printer (i have HP M1005 MFP) please help!!! I just bought my new printer so i want to use it through my iPod

Urgent help needed

Regards

Karthik

Posted on Jun 20, 2014 9:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 20, 2014 9:32 AM

If the printer is AirPrint compatible just use AirPrint. The following lists compatible printer and gives other info.

Otherwise you will need an appropriate app. Some apps are printer/manufacturer specific and others are more general.

You may have to do the following to download an app

Starting when iOS 7 was released, Apple now allows downloading the last compatible version of some apps (iOS 4.2.1 and later only)

App Store: Downloading Older Versions of Apps on iOS - Apple Club

App Store: Install the latest compatible version of an app

You first have to download the non-compatible version on your computer. Then when you try to purchase the version on your iPod you will be offered a compatible version if one exists.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 20, 2014 9:32 AM in response to Karthik Ganesh

If the printer is AirPrint compatible just use AirPrint. The following lists compatible printer and gives other info.

Otherwise you will need an appropriate app. Some apps are printer/manufacturer specific and others are more general.

You may have to do the following to download an app

Starting when iOS 7 was released, Apple now allows downloading the last compatible version of some apps (iOS 4.2.1 and later only)

App Store: Downloading Older Versions of Apps on iOS - Apple Club

App Store: Install the latest compatible version of an app

You first have to download the non-compatible version on your computer. Then when you try to purchase the version on your iPod you will be offered a compatible version if one exists.

connecting iPod to a printer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.