Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Identifying iPhone Parts

Next year I will be teaching 5th graders about the iPhone Parts. I don't have an iPhone but have a pic here:User uploaded file

I selected:

• Battery
  • Bezel
  • Camera
  • Case
  • Digitizer
  • Doc Connector
  • Speaker
  • On/Off
  • Phone Jack Flex
  • Wifi

Could someone explain the function of Bezel, Digitizer and Phone Jack Flex? I'm trying to keep it simple enough for 5th grade. Just want to expose them to some of the hardware that many are using.

Feel free to any any advice / recommendations.

Posted on Jun 20, 2014 9:47 AM

8 replies

Jun 20, 2014 10:15 AM in response to coopns

The Bezel- holds the glass in place. Try to keep that very clean or clean it when you take it apart to help the interior material.

The Digitizer- is the screen

The Phone Flex, is the wiring to the interior

(I recommend watching a video of someone taking apart an the iPhone 5s, depending on which model you are going to be working with them. The 5s is going to have the finger touch sensor, which adds another step with additional parts)

Jun 20, 2014 10:32 AM in response to coopns

Yes, there are going to be additional parts. This is an outdated photo of the Apple iPhone 3G. What iPhone exactly are you looking to have your students learn about?

Jun 20, 2014 10:35 AM in response to coopns

The Phone Jack Flex - connects switches...what about the board, similar to computer board?

The photo you have is an iPhone 3G.

Many parts are now consolidated.

The logic/motherboard (computer) board (not even shown above) holds most of the chips.

The flex cable is gone as most parts connect directly to the motherboard.

Identifying iPhone Parts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.