Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can use iweb and publish sites without a mobileme account?

I have a old imac and it died and I lost all of my websites and Im afraid that I cant republish the websites without a mobile me account… anyone know what I can do ?

Posted on Jun 20, 2014 11:33 AM

2 replies

Jun 20, 2014 3:04 PM in response to 3kids

When you 'lost your websites' do you mean you lost the 'Domain' file in your User/Library/Application Support/iWeb folder? iWeb keeps all its information there and if you do not have it you will have to recreate your site from scratch. If this is the case I would most strongly advise not using iWeb - it's not been sold or supported for some time now, and indeed v2 ('08) does not work with Mavericks: v3 may stop working on a future update. There are many other programs for making websites - Everweb is popular and is designed to be very like iWeb, with more facilities.

If you do have the Domain file then you can publish to any website hosting service as outlined by Old Toad. There is a more detailed description of the process for the two different versions here:

http://wilmut.uk/missing2

However if you are going to use iWeb remember that as I said a future system upgrade may very well break it; and you would find it very difficult to update the site by editing the published pages in the absence of being able to use iWeb and the Domain file.

Can use iweb and publish sites without a mobileme account?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.