Previous 1 2 Next 17 Replies Latest reply: Feb 4, 2016 8:08 PM by HeidiJaneen
rodeheaver Level 1 (0 points)

my iPad shows 10 icons of the same movie I've purchased from iTunes. To be clear, they don't reside on my iPad (you can see the little white cloud icon in the lower right corner)but are in the cloud. I can't delete any of them (using the traditional method of holding down until they wiggle with the little 'X'). Since they're in the cloud they don't take up any space but its just a real pain. None of my other 3 iPads have this problem and two of them are iOS 7 and the 3rd is iOS 5 (1st generation iPad- so can't update the iOS)

help...

• ffiti Level 3 (690 points)

Settings > Videos > Show All Videos: Off

• rodeheaver Level 1 (0 points)

Thanks for the reply ffiti, however if i do that than all the videos disappear. I like seeing my videos that are stored in iCloud so I know which ones I can actually download. my problem is that there are numerous (around 10) duplicate icons of each video that is stored in the cloud.

• Demo Level 10 (88,866 points)

Try closing the videos app and reset the iPad. See if that fixes the duplicates issue for you.

In order to close apps in iOS 7, you have to drag the app up from the multitasking display. Double tap the home button and you will see apps lined up going left to right across the screen. Swipe to get to the app that you want to close and then swipe "up" on the app preview thumbnail to close it.

Reset the iPad by holding down on the sleep and home buttons at the same time for about 10-15 seconds until the Apple Logo appears - ignore the red slider if it appears on the screen - let go of the buttons. Let the iPad start up.

Thanks Demo. I tried your solution but no luck. Any other suggestions?

Why don't you try turning off the "Show all" for videos in the settings like ffiti suggested, go through my steps again then go back into the settings and turn on the show videos feature again.

if that fails try Settings>General>Reset>Reset all settings. You will not lose any data, but you will have to enter all device settings again and that does take some time to do.

my wife just left town with the iPad before I could try your suggestion. I'll give it a shot when she returns...thanks for the ideas!

Good luck when she returns with the device.

• PaulandTricia Level 1 (0 points)

Any updates?  Same problem on two separate iPads.  Have tried resetting both.  Hesitant to reset settings unless somebody has had success.  Seems like a "glitch" in the iCloud, perhaps from syncing purchased video content across multiple devices?

No, I wish the offered solutions worked, but it just seems like a glitch that can't be resolved

How many people are affected? If you have this problem please post so somebody willl work on a solution.

• krisklaiber Level 1 (0 points)

I Have the same issue on my iPad 2, but not on my iPad Air.  It seems to only affect movies that are not "Kids and Family" genre.  Strange.

Yes. same here with the genre--specific nature.  Very odd bug, let's get it fixed!

• stuperbird Level 1 (0 points)

I have an iPad Mini 2 on iOS 7.1.2. It also is afflicted with this bug. I did a complete restore to try and resolve the issue. It did change the issue some. Now I have only 1 duplicate Movie & 1 duplicate TV  Show season. Turning off the Show All Videos hides the duplicate Movie, but not the duplicate TV Show season.

To those with this problem, have you been using restricted content on any of your devices?  Since the affected content is all "non kids", I'm wondering if this is impacted by the restrictions I have in place on my son's iPad.

Previous 1 2 Next