Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

multiple video icons of the same movie in my "Video" app

my iPad shows 10 icons of the same movie I've purchased from iTunes. To be clear, they don't reside on my iPad (you can see the little white cloud icon in the lower right corner)but are in the cloud. I can't delete any of them (using the traditional method of holding down until they wiggle with the little 'X'). Since they're in the cloud they don't take up any space but its just a real pain. None of my other 3 iPads have this problem and two of them are iOS 7 and the 3rd is iOS 5 (1st generation iPad- so can't update the iOS)

help...

Posted on Jun 20, 2014 2:06 PM

17 replies

Jun 20, 2014 5:45 PM in response to rodeheaver

Try closing the videos app and reset the iPad. See if that fixes the duplicates issue for you.

In order to close apps in iOS 7, you have to drag the app up from the multitasking display. Double tap the home button and you will see apps lined up going left to right across the screen. Swipe to get to the app that you want to close and then swipe "up" on the app preview thumbnail to close it.

Reset the iPad by holding down on the sleep and home buttons at the same time for about 10-15 seconds until the Apple Logo appears - ignore the red slider if it appears on the screen - let go of the buttons. Let the iPad start up.

Jun 21, 2014 7:25 AM in response to rodeheaver

Why don't you try turning off the "Show all" for videos in the settings like ffiti suggested, go through my steps again then go back into the settings and turn on the show videos feature again.

if that fails try Settings>General>Reset>Reset all settings. You will not lose any data, but you will have to enter all device settings again and that does take some time to do.

multiple video icons of the same movie in my "Video" app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.