Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keep wifi active with screen lock

I've been running across a bit of a problem with Mavericks of late. Just re-installed it on my MBP too!

If I choose Login Window or let the screen turn off/lock, the wifi disconnects while on AC power.

I really don't want that to happen as I sometimes need to connect to it remotely to check on the status of a photoshop process, data transfer, etc.

Any tips?

Posted on Jun 20, 2014 2:18 PM

4 replies

Jun 26, 2014 9:15 AM in response to chattphotos

Bump, this is a 2011 MBP, forgot to mention that Power Nap isn't available. (but yet it's on the 2011 MBAirs)

Is there a configuration change or profile to install that will keep the currently connected wifi active even if the screen is locked or on the login screen.

I wish to know of a resolution because when disconnecting from Teamviewer, sometimes it will lock the computer and that will kill the wifi connection.

Jul 11, 2014 10:49 PM in response to chattphotos

Bump, 10.9.4 has not fixed this issue. I use Teamviewer quite a bit and I need the wifi to stay active no matter what state the computer is in, whether locked, logged out, or screen off.

I connected remotely to check on the status of a long download, locked the screen, BAM! Wifi connection disconnected!

This is starting to get annoying.

Keep wifi active with screen lock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.