Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No real LEFT klick on Touchpad with windows 7 / 8 on a mid 2012 Macbook Pro

hello Apple-user.

i installed bootcamp 5.1 on my macbook pro (mid 2012) for a Dualboot with Windows 7 or 8 (with both the same problem).

Everything works under windows except for one Thing : the Mousepad.

On the internet you can find thousands of amounts on the right button but non for the LEFT button.

First Thing : i hate tapping!

I will KLICK real on by the left / right Corner.

With tapping work the left and right klick, but not with the real klick on the Corner.

The right klick will work perfectly on the right Corner.

The left klick will work only when i have one finger on the Touchpad so i Need 2! fingers to make a real left klick.

Left klick with one finger only works by tapping.

On OS-X all work fine so that you can be sure that the Hardware(touchpad) is ok.

regards Andy

Posted on Jun 20, 2014 3:51 PM

22 replies

Jun 21, 2014 3:47 AM in response to Loner T

Hello

thank you for reply

First, i have only on Windows the Problem, on os-x all fine.

But the windows-setup you show don`t solve my problem.

This should solve the Problem but when i set it, i Need 2! fingers to click left after a few seconds.

One finger must be on pad an the second must click in the left corner.

With one finger i cant klick left except i use the **** tap function by turn on tap on the bootcamp controls.

The right click (second click) will work fine on the right Corner.

i think it`s a bug in the Windows touchpaddrivers.

regards Andy

Jun 21, 2014 11:09 AM in response to Loner T

Hallo

thanks for reply

you dont have the Problem because your Hardware is NOT a macbook pro - its a mac mini 🙂

I think for solve this Problem a another user need the same Hardware (macbook pro mid 2012).

In the Moment i take my old Windowslaptop when i go out for Service because i need Windows for some Special Software (Service for car electric)

and i let the macbook home.

Thanks for your help

regards Andy

Jun 21, 2014 12:03 PM in response to Andyuser

This is from a Retina MBP 2013 running Bootcamp. You can see the secondary click pop-up. Can you try these settings (as shown on the screen and see what happens) on your MBP when you press the left corner of the trackpad. This is using the built-in trackpad, but the external trackpad should also behave the same since it uses the same driver.

User uploaded file

Jun 22, 2014 3:49 PM in response to Loner T

Hello

yes !

This Settings convert my left klick on the MTP in a secodary click - thats right.

When i set the secodary click back to right corner my left click fail again by klicking in the left corner.

The corner areas are ok the MTP hardware is ok but the windows driver is *******.

The MTP is unusable for me when i use windows.

Tap is to annoying for me when i try fast moves on the pad it will constantly "klick left".- terrible.

By the way - Linux works fine with left klick by klicking the left corner (tested with kubuntu usbstick)

Ido not go on.

regards Andy

Jun 22, 2014 4:03 PM in response to Andyuser

Andyuser wrote:

When i set the secodary click back to right corner my left click fail again by klicking in the left corner.

You cannot simultaneously use BOTH corners for a secondary click, either in OSX or Windows, it is one corner ONLY, either left or right.

Does Linux allow you to use either corner for secondary click, at the same time? 😕

Jun 29, 2014 6:03 AM in response to Loner T

Hello

first, It was never about the right click, but only the left click.

The right klick is ok!

I think we are the problem so can not solve.

As a last attempt, I have a youtube video

It is ONLY the left klick with a Problem.

http://youtu.be/XP6CoJBZEDM

You can see the left klick works not with only 1 finger on the pad.

But when i put a finger on the pad and try it again the left klick it works....

Note also the noise in the Video.

Tapping is no alternative!

But it is not so bad, then the Macbook is just not used with windows.

many greetings and thanks for your effort

Andy

Jun 30, 2014 1:23 AM in response to Loner T

Hello

I have all the options and combinations tried at trackpad preferences, none of them worked.
The current Setting but other settings not work too:
User uploaded file
It looks like it's a simple bug in the driver.
It must be due to the Software because when it booted from OS X and Linux the problem is not present.
(I have a triple boot with bootcamp / rEFIt)
regards Andy

Jun 30, 2014 4:22 AM in response to Andyuser

The Options on the MAC OS X and Windows are both identical.

I did look at your video. One suggestion, if you can, is to show the settings window and display the behavior.

In Windows,

1. First, set the secondary click to Left Corner, show the Bootcamp Control Panel Trackpad tab, and show how the secondary click works.

2. Second, set the secondary click to Right Corner, show the Bootcamp Control Panel Trackpad tab, and show how the secondary click works.

3. Third, set the Tap and Click, show the Bootcamp Control Panel Trackpad tab, and show how the secondary click works.

Repeat this for Linux and MAC OS X. There should be a Control Panel in Linux as well.

Jul 1, 2014 5:30 AM in response to Loner T

Hello

1. The secondary click(left Corner) works well without problems.

2.The secondary click(right Corner) works well without problems.

3.With tap and click secondary click works well without problems.

The Problem is only with the left click (primary click).

I think we can Close this thread.

My solution is to use no more windows on the macbook.

On os x and Linux works very well.

I need windows not so much on the Macbook

Thank you for your efforts and have a nice day

Greeting Andy

Jan 17, 2015 7:04 AM in response to Loner T

Hello there, i have very similar issue but with right click. Background: MacBook A1278 fresh install of Yosemate, Then used Boot Camp 5.156 and installed W7 ultimate. A few things does not work right of the bat, but most important to me is the right click (I love it, can not live without it in Windows). Also there is not Boot Camp app in the Win Control Panel so can't do config of the trackpad and probably many other sittings. Note on the OS X side I enabled right click and working fine (almost like windows). So what I've done so far to fix it? Re- installed drivers for trackpad manually from BootCamp 5.1 no change. Also tried drivers from Boot Camp 4.... ( some other post suggested) no change either. In fact even the left click (trackpad) is not perfect. And again not in OS X the trackpad works fine there. In many instances I must click many times or there is a delay to take in effect of clicking. When a Mouse connected right click is fine. Any suggestions?

No real LEFT klick on Touchpad with windows 7 / 8 on a mid 2012 Macbook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.