Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

websites won't open

Macbook Pro with Maverick. Sophos antivirus. Firewall on

I use Safari as my primary web browser. I can access certain sites with Safari such as Facebook and Twitter. I cannot access other sites. I am in the Netherlands at the moment and I noticed that I seem to be directed to google.nl. Websites with .nl do not work. Anytime I get redirected to google.nl nothing works. What happens is that the website doesn't load. It is only a blank white page. I try to access the same sites with my IPhone and they also don't work. I have run a Sophos scan on my Mac and nothing came up. I also have the firewall up. I think this may be a problem with the internet in the Netherlands, but I don't know for certain and I want to make sure I don't have a weird virus or something.

For example in trying to troubleshoot this problem many people have suggested thesafemac.com, but I can't get the website to work. In this case it doesn't redirect, it just won't open.

Any thoughts?

Posted on Jun 21, 2014 12:48 AM

3 replies

websites won't open

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.