Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my ex boyfriend changed my apple id password and dont give me the new password,and now i cant use my iphone because of the icloud.what should i do?

my ex boyfriend changed my apple id password and dont give me the new password,and now i cant use my iphone because of the icloud .what should i do?

Posted on Jun 21, 2014 6:43 AM

12 replies

Jun 21, 2014 6:53 AM in response to fafarnaz

This can be fixed It may be easy. Or it may take a trip to an Apple genius, or call to apple support.

That depends on if you can access and change your password again yourself.

your account is accessible to you on a device you have used before. If you have synced it with a computer you can log on and change information on your Apple account. If you haven't synced with your computer, you may be asked security questions to access your account.

IF if you can't answer question, you will need apple support help.

bring proof of ownership of the phone.

Jun 21, 2014 6:57 AM in response to fafarnaz

BTW. i think apple sends an email to you to verify the change. He would need access to your email to verify the change.

does he have your email password also?

change any passwords he knows on other accounts and devices.

never, ever share you passwords with anyone. I was married for 20 years and I never shared my passwords

my kids know passwords for our wifi and netflix.

Jun 21, 2014 9:02 AM in response to fafarnaz

Can you use security questions to log into the account and change everything? You need to act on this soon because he could make it so your phone is useless to you, or anybody without the password, and you will have to buy a new phone. Apple can/will not help you in that situation.

Frequently asked questions about Apple ID - http://support.apple.com/kb/HE37

my ex boyfriend changed my apple id password and dont give me the new password,and now i cant use my iphone because of the icloud.what should i do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.