Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My I phone 5 lower left icons and keyboard unresponsive. Restarted several times. Help!

I can access all of my icons in the upper potion and the browser icon as well,but anything in the bottom row (main icons) except for safari are all unresponsive. when my keyboard comes up, I can use most of the keys except in the lower left corner. This has me not being able to use my phone and text functions except with the help of Siri.

Posted on Jun 21, 2014 12:41 PM

2 replies

Jun 21, 2014 12:47 PM in response to Community User

Open the calculator app. Tap all of the button while the phone is held up and down as normal and kind of note if any buttons don't work. Then turn the iPhone sideways so you can see the scientific calculator and do the same, testing all the buttons. If you can narrow the issue down to a specific portion of the screen not responding, then get your iPhone serviced. If it is working completely in the Calculator App or if its changing the location that is affected, then its most likely software/firmware related and I would recommend restoring your iOS, then restoring from your backup.

Use iTunes to restore your iOS device to factory settings

iOS: Back up and restore your iOS device with iCloud or iTunes

My I phone 5 lower left icons and keyboard unresponsive. Restarted several times. Help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.