Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro to Samsung sound bar Bluetooth not connecting

Hello all,

I recently purchased a Samsung sound bar with bluetooth connectivity. I can connect my iPhone 5s to it and stream music with no problem. But when I try to connect my MacBook Pro, it simply connects and promptly disconnects. I have tried shut down, restart, and even unplugging the battery on the MacBook with no luck.

I am running OSX 10.9.3 with all available updates.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks,

Jerry

Posted on Jun 21, 2014 12:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 28, 2014 11:18 AM

Same here I'm using a Samsung HW-H550 Sound Bar - Connect's with iPhone/iPad on IOS 7.1.1 on my Mac Book Pro Retina OS X 10.9.3. Having no joy even went down the root of deleting the Bluetooth Pref file didn't work either.

Looking forward to any workable solution

7 replies

Apr 5, 2015 12:19 PM in response to jdeezy

I just read this post today as I was trying to pair my older MacBook to my recently purchased Samsung sound bar. It turns out I was overthinking the problem entirely. Enabled the Bluetooth on the MacBook, then switched to BT on the sound bar. About 4 seconds later the Samsung "Air Track" was on the available devices to pair. Paired it quick and done, streaming iTunes just that quick.

MacBook Pro to Samsung sound bar Bluetooth not connecting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.