Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I increase font size on the menu bar and task bar

I purchased a 13" Macbook Air today and the fonts on the task bar and menu bar are much too small. I have changed the resolution to 1280x800 and they are too small and 1024x640 is too large (make web pages difficult to view. Help! Thanks

Posted on Jun 21, 2014 3:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 21, 2014 3:37 PM

Those are system fonts and cannot be changed. You can make some OS X fonts using a third-party utility, TinkerTool 5.2. But it cannot change the menubar fonts.

6 replies

Jun 21, 2014 5:51 PM in response to carolfromsouth dennis

It isn't an issue. It's been that way since they came out with the first notebook computer. If this was so critical to your decision then why did you not check it out at an Apple Store first? When you buy sight unseen, then any problems you encounter not due to factory defects are your problems.

You can try zooming the higher resolution scheme or look at what's available to you in Accessibility preferences.

How do I increase font size on the menu bar and task bar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.