Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipod not connecting to iTunes - itmss redirection issue?

My first gen iPod touch will not access iTunes and if try and enter through safari I get the following error message 'Safari can't open the page because it cannot redirect to locations starting with 'itmss'. Safari works fine on other sites so I have connectivity just not to iTunes or the App Store? Any thoughts folks? :-)

Posted on Jun 22, 2014 6:42 AM

5 replies

Jun 22, 2014 7:52 AM in response to L.magris

- Reset the iOS device. Nothing will be lost

Reset iOS device: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at

least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

- Power off and then back on your router

.- Reset network settings: Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings. You will have to rejoin all witi networks

Jul 9, 2014 12:32 PM in response to L.magris

OOk so I have worked out that because I am running iOS 1 my software is waaaay out of date for the iTunes Store. I can upgrade to iOS 3.1.3 as the newest version my 16gb first gen itouch will take. However whe syncing with my laptop it says my software is up to date and so I have no option to upgrade... Any thoughts anyone please? 😕

Ipod not connecting to iTunes - itmss redirection issue?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.