Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why does dvd studio Pro all of a sudden want my serial number?

Using DVDSP 4.2.1. This has been stable on my Mac Pro for many years now. The file importer got confused somehow and even Activity Monitor had trouble force quitting.

I repaired permissions and rebooted and all seemed fine. Now about every 3 or 4 times I start DVDSP it'a asking for me to put in my identifying info, including the SN.. I've got the SN, but I don't feel all warm and fuzzy about this. Does anyone know what has happened and how I can be sure things are not going to lock me out when I need to keep going on a project?

Posted on Jun 22, 2014 7:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 27, 2014 2:29 PM

I have had this problem occur rather often. Not sure which OS you are running. A couple of things, after entering the number, close it out and open the older version of Motion (the one from the Studio and install discs, not the new one if you purchased through app store.)

Then either launch DVD Studio Pro via going into the App Folder and open a project that way OR close out DVD SP and click a DVD SP project to open it. Yeah, it sounds weird. On one of my computers following one of those seems to have cut down the asking for a serial number a lot, while on another computer the second version seems to work. I have not tracked down where the problem came from yet, but I had the same thing - stable for years. And I do not recall even doing any updates because once I have computers working, I leave them alone unless needed. I am guessing I probably loaded a driver or something.....

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 27, 2014 2:29 PM in response to Peter Durso

I have had this problem occur rather often. Not sure which OS you are running. A couple of things, after entering the number, close it out and open the older version of Motion (the one from the Studio and install discs, not the new one if you purchased through app store.)

Then either launch DVD Studio Pro via going into the App Folder and open a project that way OR close out DVD SP and click a DVD SP project to open it. Yeah, it sounds weird. On one of my computers following one of those seems to have cut down the asking for a serial number a lot, while on another computer the second version seems to work. I have not tracked down where the problem came from yet, but I had the same thing - stable for years. And I do not recall even doing any updates because once I have computers working, I leave them alone unless needed. I am guessing I probably loaded a driver or something.....

why does dvd studio Pro all of a sudden want my serial number?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.