Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't sync Calendar to iOS7 iPod Touch 5 via USB.

I connect my iPod Touch 5 running iOS7 to my 2011 13" MacBook Pro running Mavericks and iTunes 11.2.2 (3).

"Sync calendars" is ticked. I sync. Calendar app on iPod won't sync. It displays outdated events from a few syncs ago.

I select "replace info on this iPod" and resync. No change.

I untick "sync calendars" and resync. All calendar events disappear from device. I retick "sync calendars" and resync. Outdated calendar events from a few syncs ago reappear.

I disconnect device from machine, quit all apps on the device and the machine, reboot the device and the machine, reconnect, relaunch iTunes, resync. Outdated events remain on mobile device.

All iCloud services are disabled, except for "find my iPod" and "find my Mac".

???

Posted on Jun 22, 2014 6:26 PM

4 replies

Jun 22, 2014 7:08 PM in response to lizdance40

lizdance40 wrote:

are you using the stock app. If not, which one.

calendar is designed to sync via iCloud and wifi, not USB.

in settings, you can change sync to "sync calendar events xx weeks back". The least you can choose is 2 weeks.

the calendar does not delete past events.

if you want things to delete, you have to use the task or reminder.

I am not using the Apple/iOS7-native "Stocks" app. Not sure why that would matter anyway.

Calendar actually is designed to sync via USB, as well as iCloud and wifi: iOS: Syncing your data with iTunes (Last Modified: Jun 10, 2014)

Yes, I've set the "sync X weeks back" to the minimum of two weeks.

These are past, current, and future events that are not syncing, both new to the iPod and previously on the iPod.

"Use the task or reminder"—what is that? I am unfamiliar with any "tasks" app or functionality within the Calendar Mac OS or iOS apps. I do use the Reminders app, but syncing Reminders via USB is not currently offered through Apple iTunes.

Can't sync Calendar to iOS7 iPod Touch 5 via USB.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.