Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Run swf file on ipad

I have exported a swf file from indesign CS5.5 ( contains audio, interaction, movie...) and I want to run it on my iPad, and off-course I can not install flash player on iPad. How can I solve this problem Without loosing interactivity? What is the right format to create an interactive brochure and become suitable with ipad ?. Thanks a lot Sahar

Posted on Jun 23, 2014 1:36 AM

3 replies

Jul 4, 2015 3:14 AM in response to sahar2002eg

SWF is a vector animation file format, widely used to author cartoon animation that is drawn by human hands. It has much smaller file size and very high image quality for any image size, compared to general pixel based video format, such as H.264, WMV.

However, this format is not suitable for general videos shot by camera. What's more, this format is not supported by most popular multimedia devices and players like iPhone, iPod, Android, Xbox 360, PlayStation, Windows Media Player, etc.

From Adobe forum, I found a solution to convert SWF to other popular formats for playback on iPad, iTunes, iPhone, Windows Media Player, etc.

Run swf file on ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.