Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Powerbook 2400 (no power)

Hello

I have a dead powerbook 2400 (no power at all). I bought it dead in fact.

Q: I am looking for a URL that explores fixes for this machine. I have done a duckduckgo and google search but I couldn't find anything. There are old forum topics that I found but unfortunately they lead to dead links. If you have any information that might help me get this beloved mac up and running again I would be most grateful.

Other information:

I remember that there were two common issues with this model but I simply can't find anything on the internet on these issues.

The two issues I heard of are, the green light of death (power is present and the machine simply shows a light at the top of the display housing) and apparent capacitor issues.

Thank you!

Posted on Jun 23, 2014 7:58 AM

3 replies

Jul 10, 2014 3:12 PM in response to LostAccount

If the PowerBook does not show any signs of activity (lights, sounds), and if the power adapter is OK, it may be worth checking the DC-in-jack to begin with. Pins in this area often work loose in laptop computers, and may need resoldering. Also, it is not a bad idea to examine all boards with a magnifying glass. Look for obviously faulty (cracked/leaking/bulging/discoloured) components. Finally, do check whether there are any surface-mount fuses (perhaps indicated by Fn board references) in this computer.

Jan

Powerbook 2400 (no power)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.