Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod Nano 7th Gen. & Nike App

Good morning friends,

I am interested in purchasing an iPod Nano 7th Gen. for the fitness app but I have some queries - I've checked online and am a little more confused then when I started.

I understand that the Nike Fitness App doesn't need the shoe sensor in order to work. This is the main reason I am interested in purchasing the product; however, in the store the personnel indicated that the shoe sensor is required. I investigated this a little and now I am of the understanding that you can use the app without the shoe sensor for walking/running, but that having said sensor makes the app more efficient/accurate.

Could someone clarify this for me, and indicate which are the functions when having the iPod only or having the iPod + shoe sensor?

Thanks so much in advance!

Posted on Jun 23, 2014 7:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2014 8:51 AM

Hello,

I have the ipod nano 7th gen. I use it without the sensor and it works fine. It is quite accurate. I have tested it by running around my neighborhood and then compared my run to Google Maps and it was pretty close. After each run, you can calibrate your distance. This will make your runs even more accurate.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 2, 2014 8:51 AM in response to KG-13

Hello,

I have the ipod nano 7th gen. I use it without the sensor and it works fine. It is quite accurate. I have tested it by running around my neighborhood and then compared my run to Google Maps and it was pretty close. After each run, you can calibrate your distance. This will make your runs even more accurate.

iPod Nano 7th Gen. & Nike App

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.