Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Nothing happens when I click "transfer" on "transfer your information" screen

I installed a new hard drive on my macbook and am currently in the process of retrieving my time capsule backup. However, nothing happens when I click the "transfer" button on the "transfer your information" screen. Does anyone have any ideas on how to solve this issue?

Posted on Jun 23, 2014 2:28 PM

13 replies

Jun 23, 2014 4:03 PM in response to robertfromtariffville

Looks like the last screen from using the Setup or Migration Assistant.

How did you get to this screen? From what application and from where are you booted? Did you select the correct target disk? Is your Time Machine backup drive connected? Did you install OS X onto the new drive? For more help using Time Machine I suggest visiting Pondini's Time Machine FAQ for help with all things Time Machine. This may help if you are trying to perform a full system restore onto an freshly erased drive.

Jun 23, 2014 4:08 PM in response to robertfromtariffville

I had to post a blank because I could not see your previous reply. It wasn't showing up due to a forum glitch.

For future reference when you wish to post an screen shot do this:

1. Press COMMAND-SHIFT-4 which will change the cursor to crosshairs.
  2. Hold down the mouse button and use the crosshairs to select the part of the screen you wish to capture.
  3. Release the button and the image will be saved to your Desktop.
  4. Click on the Camera icon in the toolbar of the forum message editor.
  5. Drag the image onto the Choose File button and click on the Insert button.

Nothing happens when I click "transfer" on "transfer your information" screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.