Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get Quick Time to work on my computer again?

Apparently I am old and a dummy and it seems I accidentally uninstalled Quick Time from my computer instead of uninstalling something else that I was intending to uninstall. How can I get Quick Time back? I've tried the download from the apple.com site, but it never shows up in a file other than some binary file and I don't have the option to "run" after download, just save to this binary file. PLEASE can someone help me? THANKS in advance for any and all help.

Posted on Jun 23, 2014 4:03 PM

2 replies

Jun 24, 2014 8:57 AM in response to 1olddummy

Hi 1 olddummy,

Welcome to the Support Communities! First of all, you are not old or a dummy. I'm sure you can give me hundreds of examples of things you can do because of your knowledge and experience, so give yourself a break 🙂. I just want to clarify .... are you using a Windows computer or a Mac? I'm going to assume Windows and include an article for you that will explain how to delete the iTunes application and all of it's components (because Quicktime is tied to this program). This will not affect your iTunes library, only the application itself. Once that is done, you should be able to work with Quicktime again.

Removing and reinstalling iTunes and other software components for Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1923

Cheers,

- Judy

How do I get Quick Time to work on my computer again?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.